Ready to play the classic in full remastered glory? Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 is coming to pretty much all modern platforms this summer.
Cult classic Dungeons & Dragons action role-playing game, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2, is set to return this summer as Interplay Entertainment and Wizards of the Coast release the remastered iconic action RPG for the first time across all platforms. And when we say all platforms, we mean Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC (both Steam and Steamdeck, GOG and Epic).
It comes on the back of the huge success of the re-release of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, as the remastered sequel starts supporting up to 4K resolutions.
It is based in and around the city of Baldur’s Gate itself, as Dark Alliance 2 features five playable characters and classes, spanning dozens of locations. Featuring the ability to create custom weapons and armor, players can improve items by using runestones and gems while playing through the game’s four difficulty levels; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme”.
You’ll also get the chance to choose the barbarian, monk, necromancer, rogue or cleric, actively fighting through hordes of monsters ranging from Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons while dodging attacks and evading deadly traps.
All versions of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 will support local co-op play, while the Steam version will come with Remote Play for a long-distance co-op experience. It’s fully verified for Steamdeck too so there’s no better time to grab an ally or brave Baldur’s Gate on the move and play the sequel that defined a generation.
Key features include:
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme”.
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast and two secret characters; Drizzt Do’Urden and Artemis Entreri.
- Verified Steamdeck certification.
- Local co-op support!
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast
Stay tuned and we’ll let you know once that ‘summer’ release occurs but be sure that Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 2 is coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam and Steamdeck, GOG and Epic) real soon. You can do a little bit of Steam wishlisting if you like – it should be up and live about now.