Rockstar has revealed a list of all of the enhancements they’re making to the three games in the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy that’s due to be released tomorrow. They also revealed the GTA Trilogy will include more than 200 songs between the three games, but this means some licensed music tracks will be missing; thanks to NME, we also have a list of those songs that will be absent.
We already knew the remastered versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas would include Grand Theft Auto V-inspired controls, improvements to the minimap and a range of visual enhancements. Now the full list can be seen below courtesy of Rockstar:
- An updated player experience, making it easier than ever to play these classic games, including
- A Grand Theft Auto V-style controller layout.
- Updated Weapon and Radio Station selection wheels for quick switching.
- Updated Mini-Maps with enhanced navigation allowing players to set waypoints to destinations.
- Improved gunplay and targeting controls, with upgraded drive-by controls in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- The ability to immediately restart failed missions.
- Updated Achievements and Trophies.
- New Rockstar Social Club Accomplishments for members.
- Plus newly supported languages; including Brazilian Portuguese, Polish, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, and Korean, in addition to English, Spanish (Spain + Mexico), Italian, Japanese, French, and German.
- Enhanced visuals, with improved graphics and fidelity across all three games, including:
- Higher resolution textures from characters to weapons, vehicles to roads, and more for greater detail.
- A completely rebuilt lighting system, with enhanced shadows, reflections, and more.
- Improved environmental effects such as water and weather effects including rain and fog, plus more distinct changes to highlight different times across the sky, sun, moon, and stars.
- Enhanced detail in trees and foliage, plus newly added three-dimensional detail to buildings and windows.
- Increased draw distances to provide a new level of depth and definition.
- Plus platform-specific features, including:
- 4K-resolution support with up to 60 frames per second performance for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X systems.
- NVIDIA DLSS Support for PC.
- Touch screen camera zooming, pans, and menu selections as well as Gyro aiming for the Nintendo Switch.
Between the three games, there will be more than 200 songs across 29 radio stations. The list of music matches “the most recent release of the original versions” of these games, meaning the songs that were missing from those versions will not be returning here either. All of the music included in Grand Theft Auto III will be included, but there are 15 songs gone from Vice City and 21 songs absent from San Andreas. Those that won’t be included are:
Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Bark At The Moon’
- Kate Bush – ‘Wow’
- Michael Jackson – ‘Billie Jean’
- Lionel Richie – ‘Running With The Night’
- Herbie Hancock – ‘Rockit’
- Afrika Bambaataa + The Soulsonic Force – ‘Looking For the Perfect Beat’
- Michael Jackson – ‘Wanna Be Starting Something’
- Sigue Sigue Sputnik – ‘Love Missile F1-11’
- Gary Numan – ‘Cars’
- ABC – ‘Poison Arrow’
- Aneka – ‘Japanese Boy’
- The Buggles – ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’
- Joe Jackson – ‘Steppin’ Out’
- The Fixx – ‘One Thing Leads To Another
- Quiet Riot – ‘Cum On Feel The Noize’
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
- Tom Petty – ‘Runnin’ Down A Dream’
- Joe Cocker – ‘Woman to Woman’
- Fatback Band – Yum Yum (Gimme Some)’
- The Gap Band – ‘You Dropped A Bomb On Me’
- George Clinton – ‘Loopzilla’
- Roy Ayers – ‘Running Away’
- 2 Pac – ‘I Don’t Give a Fuck’
- NWA – ‘Express Yourself’
- Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Hellraiser’
- Rage Against The Machine – ‘Killing In The Name’
- Black Harmony – ‘Don’t let It Go To Your Head’
- Blood Sisters – ‘Ring My Bell’
- Augustus Pablo – ‘King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown’
- Charles Wright – ‘Express Yourself’
- The Blackbyrds – ‘Rock Creek Park’
- Bobby Byrd – ‘Hot Pants’
- Bobby Byrd – ‘I Know You Got Soul’
- James Brown – ‘Funky President’
- James Brown – ’The Payback’
- Lyn Collins – ‘Rock Me Again And Again’
- The J.B.’s – ‘Grunt’
Will you be missing any of these tracks? As I have fond memories of unique jumps to ‘Bark at the Moon’ and ‘Video Killed The Radio Star’, some of these will be sorely missed by me.
[Source: Rockstar, NME]