Indie developer Mommy’s Best Games has revealed that Weapon of Choice DX will be blasting onto the Nintendo Switch eShop on 2nd September.
This upcoming rerelease looks set to improve upon the original Xbox Live Indie Game of the same name (minus the DX part, of course), with new difficulty rebalancing, a new widescreen layout, and higher resolution visuals. The game is a side-scrolling run ‘n’ gun title that features a selection of unique playable characters, all of whom come with their own special weapons.
Nathan Fouts, lead designer on Weapon of Choice DX, says, “I love playing run and gun games, and Weapon of Choice DX is like a Contra game on acid! It’s all the alien-blasting you can handle, but with some innovative twists to the genre such as the ‘Death-Brushing’ ability, for retro-gamers like me who want a boost.”
Here’s a list of key features:
– Choice is your Weapon! Play through non-linear levels and make dynamic in-level branch decisions!
– Each playable character has their own special weapon two fire modes!
– Rescue unique playable characters and add to total number of playable lives!
– Experience Death Brushing! Unlike traditional one-hit kill games, you have a chance to get out of a tight spot.
– Reap revenge for your downed Operatives with the Vengeance Missile!
– Scale walls and attack from anywhere with the automated Spiderpack!
– Replay to experience different storylines with completely distinct endings!
– Rock out to original music with a heavy metal guitar soundtrack!
Weapon of Choice DX launches on Switch on 2nd September, as mentioned above. Pre-orders will go live on the eShop significantly earlier, however, on 21st July.
Will you be choosing to play this one later this year?