DC RELEASES SPECIAL DENNY O’NEIL TRIBUTE STORY FROM GREEN ARROW 80TH ANNIVERSARY SUPER SPECTACULAR
Available Now to Read on DCComics.com, Larry O’Neil Celebrates the Legacy of His Father, Comics Icon Denny O’Neil, with “Tap, Tap, Tap,” Featuring Art by Jorge Fornes and Dave Stewart
LOS ANGELES, CA – June 28, 2021 - As DC prepares to celebrate eight decades of hero Oliver Queen with tomorrow’s release of Green Arrow 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1, the publisher announced today that fans can read “Tap, Tap, Tap” from the twelve-story anthology for free. This anthology features a number of celebrated storytellers whose careers have been connected to Green Arrow, but none more so than the iconic DC scribe Denny O’Neil.
“Tap, Tap, Tap” is a silent, wordless story from Denny’s son Larry O’Neil, with art from Jorge Fornes (Rorschach), and Dave Stewart (Plunge). The intimate look at Denny’s life chronicles the challenges and victories both in and out of comics, from his childhood to raising a family, and his stellar career as a writer, until his passing in 2020.
Today, DC Comics is proud to share with readers this testament to the legendary writer that touched the hearts and imaginations of so many.
GREEN ARROW 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1
Additional stories in this anthology include:
● “The Disappearing Bandit” - Written by Mariko Tamaki, Art by Javier Rodriguez
● “Punching Evil” - Written by Tom Taylor, Art by Nicola Scott, Colors by Annette Kwok
● “Who Watches the Watchtower?” - Written by Stephanie Phillips, Art by Chris Mooneyham, Colors by Mike Spicer
● “Out of the Shadows” - Written and Art by Mike Grell, Colors by Lovern Kindzerski
● “The Arrow and the Song” - Written by Ram V, Art by Christopher Mitten, Colors by Ivan Plascencia
● “One” - Written by Brandon Thomas, Art by Jorge Corona, Colors by Matheus Lopes
● “Green Man and Autumn Son” - Written by Devin Grayson, Art by Max Fiumara
● “Star City Star” - Written and Art by Phil Hester, Inks by Ande Parks, Colors by Trish Mulvihill
● “Happy Anniversary” - Written by Vita Ayala, Art by Laura Braga, Colors by Adriano Lucas
● “The Sympathy of the Woods” - Written by Ben Percy, Art by Otto Schmidt
● “The Last Green Arrow Story” - Written by Jeff Lemire, Art by Andrea Sorrentino, Colors by Jordie Bellaire
The variant covers for this must-have collector’s item come from some of the most prolific artists in comics:
● 1940’s Variant: Michael Cho
● 1950’s Variant: Daniel Warren Johnson
● 1960’s Variant: Neal Adams
● 1970’s Variant: Derrick Chew
● 1980’s Variant: Gary Frank
● 1990’s Variant: Howard Porter
● 2000’s Variant: Jen Bartel
● 2010’s Variant: Simone Di Meo
To celebrate the milestone 80th Anniversary, fans can read the first issue of Denny O’Neil’s and Neal Adams’ (Batman) legendary run that saw the team-up of Green Lantern and Green Arrow in Green Lantern #76-#87, for free with registration on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE.
GREEN ARROW 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 arrives in participating comic book stores and digitally on Tuesday, June 29, 2020, for $9.99. To find the nearest open and operating store near you, check out DC’s Comic Shop Tracker.
For more information on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, check out DC’s official website at www.dccomics.com and follow along on social media at @DCComics and @thedcnation. Fans can also watch classic Green Arrow animated adventures in Justice League Unlimited, now streaming on HBOMAX.
# # #
DC, a WarnerMedia Company, creates iconic characters, enduring stories, and immersive experiences that inspire and entertain audiences of every generation around the world and is one of the world’s largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. As a creative division, DC is charged with strategically integrating its stories and characters across film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, interactive games, and the DC Universe Infinite digital subscription service and community engagement portal. For more information visit dccomics.com and dcuniverseinfinite.com.