Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. At Bleeding Cool, you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies, and more. Yesterday that meant a naming issue with the new Captain America. And the Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The Daily LITG, 10th June 2021
The world keeps turning, and America is beginning to heal from all the burns. Even if a few scabs need pulling off first.
- Extended Cut of That Conversation Between Cyclops and Kevin Feige
- The Boys: Jensen Ackles’ Soldier Boy Earns Amell’s Arrowverse Approval
- Fear the Walking Dead Season 6 Finale Images Feel A Little Too Final
- Spoilers: Kevin Feige Asks Cyclops For His Story In Today’s X-Men #21
- Walking Dead Finale A Little Too Final- The Daily LITG, 9th June 2021
- Hasbro Reveals New Wave of Star Wars: The Black Series Archive Figures
- Transformers Shattered Glass Soundwave Debuts From threezero
- When A Comic Falls From $227 To $13 Overnight – Dawn Of X Vol 8 TPB
- The Timeline Of Hellfire Gala, Updated With X-Men #21 & Excalibur #21
- Unpacking New Blind Item Sinister Secrets in X-Men #21 (Spoilers)
- The First Appearance – And Line-Up – Of DC Comics’ JLQ for DC Pride
- First Harley Keener Sets W.E.B. Of Spider-Man On Fire On eBay
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
In case you fancied more LITG about comic books.
LITG one year ago, Stephen Amell
Stephen Amell, All Of A Quiver – The Daily LITG 10th June 2020.
Bleeding Cool continued to report from the comics industry shutdown, as it starts to ramp up, while everyone instead gets excited. But as well as Warren Ellis’ memories of Christian Cooper and the Marvel Swimsuit issues, the confrontation between Tee Franklin and Stephen Amell topped the chart. Here are the ten top stories of the day.
- Tee Franklin Calls Out Stephen Amell – and Gets a Tweet Back
- Chuck Rozanski of Mile High Comics Responds To ‘DC Sucks’ Criticism
- Warren Ellis Remembers When Marvel Illustrated Swimsuit Went Gay
- Everyone In Swimsuits in The Daily LITG 9th June 2020
- The GI Joe: Snake Eyes: Deadgame Cover Rob Liefeld Declines to Sign
- Supergirl Star Chyler Leigh Comes Out, Shares Her Personal Journey
- First Appearance of Gold Lantern in Legion #6 Sells $20-$30 on eBay
- The Flash: Stephen Amell Supports Grant Gustin for Being Grant Gustin
- Opinion: How “The Ancient Mew Effect” Weakens Card Games
- Rumours About Big DC Comics Digital Publishing Initiative
LITG two years ago
Yes, yes, it feels like so long ago. With Chelsea Cain in JK Rowling’s position back then.
Comic Book birthdays today
There may not be much of a party atmosphere right now. It all depends on which state you are living in. But comic folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date with twelve years for us as well.
- Scott McCloud, creator of Understanding Comics.
- Chris Thompson, of Eaglemoss
- Charles Vess, of Sandman, and publisher of Green Man Press.
- Howard Simpson artist of Harbinger, Turok, Looney Tunes and Champions
- Bill Anderson, Silver Surfer inker
- Matt Haley, artist on Firestorm, Birds Of Prey, art director of Morgan Spurlock‘s Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan’s Hope .
If you are in comics and have a birthday coming up – or you know someone who has – get in touch at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Daily LitG Mailing List.
Interested in more Daily LITG discussion about what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we’ll see you here tomorrow.