It’s a big day for Bethesda and The Elder Scrolls team as not only is E3 fast approaching, but The Elder Scrolls Online is being enhanced in multiple ways. In fact, if you’re an ESO player on Xbox or PlayStation, it could be said that the upcoming arrival of both next-gen optimisation and the launch of the latest Blackwood Chapter, should not be missed.
So where shall we start? How about with the Xbox Series X|S and PS5 optimisation that is rolling out come June 15th. Arriving for The Elder Scrolls Online players to enjoy will be ESO: Console Enhanced. Representing a major jump forward in terms of game performance and visual fidelity, ESO: Console Enhanced sees The Elder Scrolls Online arrive on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 in style.
The next-gen version of the game, ESO: Console Enhanced players will gain access to all the standard next-gen goodies – enhanced performance, improved load times, increased draw distances – along with a host more. In fact, the key features sit as follows, with that 60FPS and 4K talk no doubt the headline grabbers…
- Next-Gen Performance: Previously, ESO ran at 30FPS on console, but with the next-generation power of Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, the game will run at a crisp 60FPS while in “Performance Mode.” If you’re looking for a visual feast, enjoy native 4K at 30FPS in ESO’s “Fidelity Mode.”
- Increased Draw Distance: For players who love to admire ESO’s vast beauty, the game’s draw distance has nearly been doubled, allowing a deeper view of the ever-growing world of Tamriel.
- Improved Loading Times: Moving up to next-generation power means loading times on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 have been nearly cut in half on average, enabling console players to remain immersed in ESO’s stunning world with less waiting.
- And MUCH more: ESO: Console Enhanced brings about a number of other changes like improved reflections, shadows, depth of field, ambient occlusion with screen space global illumination, along with updated antialiasing and unlocked textures.
But that’s not all The Elder Scrolls Online players will discover and if you can’t wait until June 15th, then today beckons forth the arrival of Blackwood to console.
Having previously dropped to PC and Stadia, The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood now comes to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5, allowing players the chance to take in some of the most iconic of Elder Scrolls locations.
The Blackwood Chapter will task players with exposing the daedric plots and tyrannical schemes consuming the region. It’s here where you’ll discover the connection of these plots to the Prince of Destruction and his dreadful plans for Tamriel, and even though Blackwood is a standalone story, its events further the overall Gates of Oblivion narrative that will conclude later in 2021.
A new Companions System is at the fore of Blackwood, and so whether you play solo or with friends, you’ll never be left to adventure through the lands alone again. These becomes unlocked as you hit specific Blackwood storylines, allowing the chance to choose between two Companions, with their playstyles dictated by your actions. Each Companion has their own personality, likes, dislikes, and unique questlines. Oh, and be careful with your actions as the deeds you perform will influence rapport with your Companion.
Blackwood also adds in a fresh 12-player Trial in Rockgrove, Oblivion Portal World Events, public Dungeons, quests, world bosses and more. You know, all standard ESO stuff.
Key features include:
- ULTIMATE FREEDOM—Create your ultimate RPG character, play solo or adventure with friends, and determine your fate in an ever-expanding world. With no level restrictions, go anywhere, at any time in a truly open world. In The Elder Scrolls Online, the choice is yours.
- CHOOSE YOUR ADVENTURE—With a new tutorial, begin your adventure where you like: emerge from Coldharbour in the base game, battle Dragons in the Elsweyr Chapter, or get ready to face the Prince of Destruction Mehrunes Dagon in Blackwood, the latest Chapter. All content is accessible for new players, and you can switch adventures whenever you like.
- INCLUDES LATEST CHAPTER: BLACKWOOD—As part of the Gates of Oblivion adventure, a deal made with the Prince of Destruction comes due in Blackwood. Explore Imperial cities and murky bogs, uncover Mehrunes Dagon’s sinister plot, and never adventure alone with the new Companions system.
You can grab the new Blackwood addition by visiting the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store. The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood CE is the best way of getting access to this, with a £79.99 price tag ensuring you gain entry to the base game, the new Blackwood Chapter, all previous content and exclusive Collector’s items. Further, there is the Blackwood Upgrade for £44.99.
A deal made with the Prince of Destruction comes due in The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood, part of the Gates of Oblivion adventure.