Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. At Bleeding Cool, you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies, and more. But today, comic shops across England are reopening en masse6, the Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Daily LITG: – the ten most-read stories yesterday…
The world keeps turning, and America is beginning to heal from all the burns. Even if a few scabs need pulling off first.
- Star Wars The Vintage Collection Fan Vote Arrives From Hasbro
- Five Massive Spoilers For Marvel Comics’ Heroes Reborn
- Marvel Confirms Strong Guy and Forge Lost the X-Men Vote
- Rorschach #7 May Be The Maddest Comic Of The Year (Spoilers)
- Cornering The Market On Sales Of Amazing Spider-Man #1 For $17
- Jeopardy Fans, Celebrities Unite to Help Make LeVar Burton Next Host
- Better Call Saul Writer Reveals Everything About Season 6- Sorta?
- Powerpuff: Meet The CW’s Live-Action Blossom, Bubbles & Buttercup
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Had Its Dark Knight Moment [OPINION]
- Rick and Morty: When DMX, Rick & Summer Beat The Devil, A Nazi, More
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
In case you fancied more LITG about comic books.
LITG one year ago, WWE, Boris, and the return of comics in May
A year ago, people still loved those DC, Marvel and Batman Zoom backgrounds. However, in more substantial articles, it’s was all about bringing the direct market back. Boris Johnson, out of intensive care, had been reading Tintin comics in bed and thanking his nurses by name. I thought that deserved commemorating.
- WWE Admits On-Air Talent Tested Positive for COVID-19
- DC Comics Offers Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Latest Rumors Suggest The Next WWE 2K Games Is Canceled
- New Comics Coming to Stores Sooner Than We Thought – Mid May?
- Street Fighter V Chun-Li Hits the Beach With PCS Collectibles
- Ubisoft Releases The “Just Dance 2020” Song List
- Mondo Releasing New A Clockwork Orange Poster Tomorrow
- Spawn Original Action Figure Kickstarter Clears $1 Million in One Day
- Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
- Diamond Not to Distribute New Comics Until August at the Earliest?
LITG, two years ago – Rise Of The Skywalker
There was a time when we didn’t know what the final Star Wars movie would be called. We found out two years ago, while I was in Paris, just as Notre Dame was about to burn down as well. Seems a lot longer ago, doesn’t it?
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Title, Trailer Revealed During Star Wars Celebration Chicago
- Saga Will End With Issue #108; Plus: The Cover to that 1,400 Page TPB
- Kevin Feige Details Marvel Disney+ Offerings, Confirms MCU Tie-Ins
- LIVE From ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ Panel At Star Wars Celebration Chicago [SWCC]
- Prodigal Sun: Another Marvel Crossover Launching in July
Comic book birthdays today
There may still not be much of a party atmosphere right now. It all depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are always getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Ed Brisson, writer of Old Man Logan, Peter Panzerfaust, Prophet, Sheltered, Iron Fist, Uncanny X-Men, Cluster.
- Michael Georgiou, writer-artist of Elemental Micah.
- Dennis Janke, Superman inker
- Topper Helmers, artist on Airlock and Weird War Tales.
- Neil Edwards, artist on Assassin’s Creed, Dark Avengers, Fantastic Four
If you are in comics and have a birthday coming up – or you know someone who has – get in touch at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Daily LitG Mailing List.
Interested in more Daily LITG discussion about what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we’ll see you here tomorrow.