Be afraid, be very afraid – Merge Games and the Milan-based Italian Games Factory have announced Haunted Space for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC.
Haunted Space for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC looks to take the space combat and exploration genres to the next level as you get the chance to traverse the furthest reaches of space, taking on quests, fighting for your life, exploring every nook and cranny and scavenging forevermore.
Blending sci-fi elements with horror, story-rich adventuring and a ton of exploration, Haunted Space will see you joining matters just as the second age of human civilisation has reached the distant Neterun galaxy and discovered a powerful energy called Sonic Matter. It is here where millions of settlers arrived in Neterun’s systems and a vast factory called the Metal Mother Facility was built to harvest this valuable resource. The problem is, humanity soon discovered they were not alone…
“We are thrilled to announce HAUNTED SPACE today”, said Luke Keighran, MD, Merge Games. “Using the power of Unreal Engine, the talented team at Italian Games Factory have created something truly stunning which we think sci-fi and space sim fans everywhere will enjoy. They have created a galaxy steeped in mystery and danger that we believe will deliver a unique and exciting experience for gamers.”
- Looking Back to 2011 and the eye-drilling horrors of Dead Space 2
“We are proud and excited to reveal HAUNTED SPACE to the world today”, said Ivan Venturi, Director, Game Designer & Producer, Italian Games Factory. “We’ve given shape to a world we’ve imagined for a long time; a mysterious environment, where the thrill of the unknown is mixed with a post-apocalyptic sci-fi vibe, ghostly apparitions, weird gigantic creatures and many other things never seen before in a space game. We’ll have lots more to share in the coming months, and we hope you’ll join our raider brotherhood!”
Of course, in order to survive in Haunted Space you’ll need to work with a host of elements and aside from those mentioned, trading, crafting and customising will all come to the fore.
You’ll be able to play Haunted Space your way too, with an innovative co-pilot system letting you harness as much control as you need. This means that the game will be accessible for blind and visually imparied players too, all whilst supporting eye-tracking as well.
Features will include:
- EXPLORE THE NETERUN GALAXY – Traverse multiple unique star systems, each filled with danger and intrigue. Play in first-person or third-person perspective as you overcome the challenges of this dangerous backwater of space
- EXPERIENCE A DEEP AND EPIC SCI-FI HORROR STORY – Neterun is full of monuments and relics left by an ancient civilisation and the galaxy is haunted by their ghosts. Unravel the reasons for their presence and fight for survival against their supernatural threat in a story inspired by the dark and twisted tales of Heavy Metal and 2000AD
- TAKE ON THE FEARSOME COLOSSI – Overcome the odds in fierce multi-stage boss battles against ancient God-like creatures composed of organic matter and space debris
- MAKE YOUR MARK – Trade and craft new ships and ship equipment using powerful and customisable ship modification tools – create and buy new weapons, shields, cargo containers, engines and more
- NEXT GENERATION IMMERSION – Stunning ray tracing effects and immersive audio put you in the heart of the action like never before
- PLAY YOUR WAY – In HAUNTED SPACE, the innovative co-pilot system allows you to choose the level of control you prefer, from a complete space simulation, through to a more arcade-style experience. At its maximum level, the co-pilot makes the game accessible for blind and visually impaired users, and it also supports eye-tracking
If you want to know more, the reveal trailer for Haunted Space is below. Give it a watch and pay the Steam page a visit too. We’ll be sure to bring you further details as and when we can.