In times like these, we all need a laugh, and that is exactly what Wide Right Interactive are looking to bring with the upcoming release of What The Dub?! on PC and console.
Due to release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, and PC come April 8th 2021, What The Dub?! is an all-new party experience that will see players attempting to wisecrack their way through to success, all by dubbing over some of the very worst moments from TV and Cinema.
From the creative minds of Freedom Finger, What The Dub?! is sure to delight the wisecracking folk out there as they go up against friends and family to create the wittiest dubs possible. With the game coming complete with more than 300 hand selected movie clips, bringing together the likes of hilariously awful B-movies, woefully outdated PSAs, and bizarre industrial films, you’ll need to go deep into your wit and get dubbing. It’ll then be the task of others – and up to 6 audience members – to vote for their favourite/cringiest dub.
As you’d expect, a game will run over the course of several rounds, as What The Dub?! challenges players to produce the most humorous replacement dialogue for a vast collection of public domain movie clips. If you can win the crowd over with your dubs, you’ll rack up points, with the player with the most points at the end of the game winning.
In a nutshell, What The Dub?! takes the classic bad movie night and expands it into an interactive, fast-paced, multiplayer game that friends and family, both locally and from afar, can enjoy.
What The Dub?! features will include:
- Casual party game fun for up to 12 players, with 6 entering their dubs, and an additional 6 audience members voting on their favorites.
- Over 300 hand selected clips to ensure hours of unique movie dubbing fun for players wisecrack, quip and insult the night away!
- Easy access and connectivity with friends and family as players can interact with the game using any device which can access a browser – phones, tablets, or computers.
- Players will be able to hear their witty creations live! Replacement dubs are played back embedded in the clips using text-to-speech.
- Original score by Emmy nominated composer Jonathan Hylander. (Nominated for a Daytime Emmy and Annie Award for his work on Sanjay and Craig.)
We’ll be sure to remind you when What The Dub?! launches on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and Steam on April 8th 2021. Until that time though, hit up the trailer from Wide Right Interactive below.