Combining 3D Mech Action shooting, with turn-based strategy elements, Dual Gear has today been announced for launch on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC – with gamers on the latter format able to get involved before July is out via Early Access.
Due to release in full in 2021, July 29th 2020 will see Dual Gear hit Steam Early Access, as the small indie studio at Orbital Speed along with their publishers Corecell Technology, work the game towards a full launch on console too.
Dual Gear promises much too – a combination between 3D Mech Action Shooting and Turn-Based strategy, with inspiration and influence rolling in from a variety of classic Japanese Mech games. This will come with brand new features too though, as Orbital Speed look to go beyond the traditional retro-mech, engaging the player to pilots their mechs with the Real-Time Action Shooting while experiencing the high pressure of tactical turn-based layers!
The story of Dual Gear sees us thrust to the year 2069, 11 years after the Massive Orbital Incident (MOD). The world has changed to be the place of conflict that’s happened anywhere. Under the orbit pollution effected from The MOD. UNR, the order consisted of eight powerful nations, starts to bring the new military used weapon called Dual Gear to join the defense of the earth from Watchmaker. Tensions between them almost to breaking point. The Cluster of Wars began scattering around the world. It was here where the Special Task Force, NEMOS was established, as Director Rangan gathered together expert pilot to join The Dual Gear.
Key features of Dual Gear include:
- Experiencing in The Mech Action Shooting in The Combat Mode! Real-Time control your ordering unit with the multiple types of weapons! SMGs, Missiles, and Melee Devices are available for you! Be careful! Every move wouldn’t let you all to take a breath! The Aggressive Real-Time enemies are waiting to blow you out every turn. Let start training the test drive before the mission!
- Manage the team with The Turn-Based Layer! Do it through the extremely high angle map called Tactical View. Before select the chosen unit to roll out, Let’s observing your contact zone and making efficient management via Turn-Based Combat Style!
- NEMOS Hangar is open now! Tune-Up your mechs with the maximum provided of parts and weapons! Buy, sell, and upgrade the components you want to build your perfect war machines! Your setting will directly affect to any mech performance and pilot style. Before getting into your briefing room, don’t forget to enjoy the coloring module. Spend time a bit to showing your idea on mech decoration work!
- Story-Driven with unique characters like an RPG element! Gain more EXP and WXP from the story mode to unleash their new skills and more pilot levels! The first act will available on the launch of Steam Early Access and more will become through the Early Access Updates!
Alongside the announcement of the game, Orbital Speed have dropped first looks at the main characters!
- Neil Carlsen(42) – He is the veteran pilot of UNR who faced with The Massive Orbital Incident in 2058. He pilots the Dual Gear, Sidewinder, to protect The Gaia Space Station from the unknown terrorist that also used Dual Gears in the attack. After the operation, Neil and his squad can secure the main structure of Gaia but, some unburned debris still falling to collided anyplace on earth. That incident changed his life forever. He lost his wife and his four years old daughter from the debris collision. Neil loses his contact until 2069 but, he comes back again to stop The Black Dual Gear behind the attack of Gaia Space Station 11 years ago.
- Aliya Afrah(16) – A mysterious girl only able to pilots The Black Dual Gear, Xenoframe. No background, no identity, and no one know her. She is the one from the Experimental Pilot Training Program of Eden Child, especially called her with the code name, Negative Zero. After she was defeated by Neil, her pilot helmet broken from the fight showing her real face, stunning him from the sudden attack. He stops everything then and listens to the girl’s words. She looks like his daughter died from the MOD 11 years ago. After The fight, Neil and Aliya accepted the request to join the NEMOS 7 and begin the journey with team Alma, Ajay, Kenji to fight back The WatchMaker!
Dual Gear will arrive on Steam Early Access come July 29th 2020, with full launch occuring on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch in 2021. If you wish to check it out, for now the Steam page is as good a place to start as any. Oh, and the trailer below should be taken in too.