More details have emerged this morning from Famitsu regarding the upcoming Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition for the Nintendo Switch and its additional scenario, Future Connected. Future Connected will take around 20 hours to finish if you complete the side quests along with the main story. If you just wish to pursue the main story then it’s around 10 to 12 hours long. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is available 29th May and you can read our preview here.
Takahashi also shared the following tidbits:
- If it were paid downloadable content, the development of new titles would be affected if too many resources were used.
- Monolith Soft’s First Production staff was divided into three sections: one section to work on Xenoblade: Definitive Edition, one to work on a new title, and one to work on both.
- While character graphics were not the best in the original version, they have been improved in Xenoblade: Definitive Edition.
- Since this is a remaster, Monolith Soft was not able to re-record all the music with an orchestra. Instead, they improved the quality and rearranged it.
- Data compression is better mitigated and sound quality more enhanced compared to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.