If you’re a train fanatic then Dovetail Games have got you more than covered with the brilliant Train Sim World. But even though the base game is chock full of great trains, routes and challenges to enjoy, the constant influx of new routes and guidance via a multitude of DLC packs just increases the fun even more. Once again we see that excitement hit home with the Train Sim World: Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum pack.
Available to purchase and add into your Train Sim World game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC this very minute the latest German themed pack pushes Dovetail’s rail sim on to new levels, building on everything that is great about the game and allowing new opportunities to arise.
The Train Sim World: Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg – Bochum DLC will let you experience bustling regional and commuter operations aboard modern and well-known traction with Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr. You’ll get the chance to drive your trains over a rail network represented how it is today, between Duisburg and Bochum, across both routes that diverge at Essen.
By taking control of Regional Express and S-Bahn Services with multiple units like the iconic DB BR 425 which is exclusive to this route, you’ll be tasked with keeping to a busy timetable, and fund controlling multiple units across the 28 mile route between Duisburg and Bochum.
The key features of this latest Train Sim World DLC include:
▪ 46 km (28 mile) route between Duisburg and Bochum
▪ Includes both the regional and S-Bahn routes between Essen and Bochum
▪ DB BR 425 EMU in DB Regio Red livery
▪ DB BR 422 EMU in DB Regio Red livery
▪ Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
▪ Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real multiple units
▪ Journey Mode featuring over 20 hours of activities for you to master
▪ Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
▪ 100 Jobs for you to complete including placing route maps, installing ticket machines, restocking fire extinguishing points and placing advertising posters
▪ Accessible Training Modules to get you started quickly
▪ Extensive 24-Hour Timetable Mode with over 200 timetabled services
▪ Over 160 additional timetabled services for owners of Main-Spessart Bahn
Train Sim World: Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr is available from the usual stores with our favoured – that of the Xbox Store – delivering access for a cool £24.99. Yep, it’s not cheap, but neither are any of the add-ons for Train Sim World.